Sunday 4 July 2010

Don't look back, don't look back.

This has been an odd few weeks for me.

I got kicked off JSA because I apparently have a job, which is weird because the company they mentioned has never heard of me, oh and I missed an appointment they never told me about. Fucking monkey-tards!

I got drafted and dragged down to Essex to clear a house that me, my bro, sis and our cousins own so it could be sold. In the process I got some fucking wicked shit though, a leather jacket that's older than me and an assortment of LARP (Live action role play) weapons including a sword, shield, spear, mace, great axe and a couple of knives. Along with a couple of costumes and some armor. All in all I reckon its about £300 worth of gear, not bad for half a days work.

Then it was my sisters birthday last monday so on friday morning I piled into my mums car and off we went to London for the birthday hog roast on saturday. Epic night, we drank from about 3pm until around 9am on sunday and we still had a metric fuckton of booze left over. Goddamn I was wasted, so much so that wrestling a fat guy in a paddling pool seemed like a good idea (It fucking wasn't.) but at the time it was funny. But Cakes, the guy I was fighting, is easily twice my size and I nearly drowned, but nevertheless I fought on valiantly, although my efforts were negligible at best. I lost. But all in all it was a good night, though the hangover and fucked shoulder tried to convince me otherwise. My body is still punishing me for the four straight days of drinking. Good fucking times.

I've also downloaded a load of the Aliens comic books and the few novels there are, fucking brilliant. They come highly recommended from me, though the first couple of books, aptly named Book One and Book Two, I didn't think I'd enjoy them as much as I did, purely because they're black and white and before now the only black and whites I've enjoyed were the Sin City series, but I powered through and they're fucking brilliant.

I'm also into the 4th series of Numb3rs, its really absorbing which is why I haven't written a review yet. But it will be forthcoming at some point. But before then heres a quick version, the acting is brilliant, in parts the stories can feel samey but the characters and their interactions with each other and the bad guys is wonderful. Especially David Krumholtz, who after 10 things I hate about you I thought I could never take him seriously again because of a single line, its at the end of this clip.

And there it is, his credibility as an actor is horrifically compromised after that one line and also here he is in another of his more recognizable roles:

Just look at that smile, its pitiful and sexually menacing all at once.

Yeah, there was one on his face and then there he is, dressed like one. For two fucking movies.
So here's to David for making an idiot of himself three times and then after a few episodes of Numb3rs making me believe in the human race once more.
Thanks Dave, I owe you everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment