Sunday 25 April 2010

Exorbitant prices and other misadventures

Have you ever watched a tv show that's only good either late at night or in the middle of the day?

Me I generally live off them. But for now I'm just going to mention one, and my god it's dire, but in an entrancing way.

I could say the same of several films, brilliant at 3am but try and watch them during the prime time window and they turn to shit. Such as;

The Big Hit, an action/comedy featuring several actors you know by sight but can't remember what else they've been in. But other than that a very funny film with some really classic lines and some very suspect puns.



Ginger Snaps Trilogy: Ginger Snaps, Ginger Snaps: Unleashed and Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning. The first one is diamond, a brilliant concept, it's a coming of age film dressed up as a werewolf flick. Enjoyable once in a while. The second one is pretty shit but is saved by a fairly graphic group therapy/masturbation hallucination and a tiny pryomaniac blonde psycho (Don't ask me to explain, go watch it, you'll see what I mean.) The third one is set in frontier canada and has some really quite good ideas behind it but again, it's pretty dire, so do get to see Katherine Isabelle's arse (But I'm a guy so I guess it didn't add anything to the plot.)



Okay, those are my four guilty film pleasures, time to move on to my TV preferences.

Ultimate Force. An SAS drama, featuring of all people Ross 'Grant Mitchell' Kemp, supposedly the hardest man on british television. Bollocks is he, when he was in afganistan a couple of guys took a potshot at the patrol he was with, he threw the camera man out of his way screamed and ran like a little girl, I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same just that he's supposed to be a hard bastard and I'm not.



And also Diagnosis Murder.


Dick Van Dyke up there admiring the latest copy of 'Flirt and Squirt' adult magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment